Driving safely on wet roads
- Always drive with two hands to stay in control.
- Slow down: tyres will have better grip and contact with the road.
- Significantly increase your distance from other cars, especially when your vision is limited.
- Stay vigilant of other drivers and potential dangers. Anticipate dangerous situations rather than reacting to them.
- Before turning: only brake in a straight line before the turn, and do so gradually. Do not brake during the turn as this can make you slip.
- While turning: slow down before turning, and maintain a consistent speed throughout the turn.
- While turning: don’t make any sudden steering wheel movements.
- Inspect your tyres monthly: make sure your tyres have the proper amount of tread and tyre pressure.
- Choose tyres that offer maximum grip in wet weather.